- 125g softened butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 60g corn flour
For the caramel:
- 50g butter
- 50g light muscavado sugar
- 1 x can condensed milk
For the topping:
- 300g milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Grease a 20cm square tin and line with baking parchment so it overhangs the top by 2cm.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour and cornflour and add to the butter and sugar and mix to a smooth dough. Press into the base of the tin and bake for 30 mins. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- To make the caramel, place all the ingredients into a saucepan and gently heat, stirring continuously until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and continue to stir for 5 mins until it has thickened. Pour over the base and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water. Stir until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the cooled caramel and chill for 30 mins. Remove from the tin using the paper and cut into finger slices.
Mmm yum get in my belly!
Candles – check!
Bubbles – check!
The body shop milk bath – check!
Music – The key to a perfect bubble bath. I thought I would share my go to playlist for when the weather is cold but the bath is hot.
* Am I wrong, Nico & Vinz
* Eyes shut, Years & Years
* In My Veins, Andrew Belle
* Candles, Daughter
* In Dreams, Ben Howard
* Waves, Mr Probs (acoustic version)
* Paint, The Paper Kites
* Black Crow, Angus and Julia Stone
* Atlas Hands, Benjamin Francis Leftwich
* Michigan, The Milk Carton Kids
* Conrad, Ben Howard
* Youth, Daughter
Relax and enjoy! .x